Want to know more?
Please refer to our frequently asked questions (FAQ) guide below.
1. What does a loading guarantee mean for Safmarine Spot?
Loading guarantee is an equipment and space guarantee within three (3) days before or after the estimated time of departure (ETD), as confirmed in your booking confirmation.
2. What does it mean that the price is fixed?
Safmarine Spot only shows valid prices. Rates provided are not subject to change after the booking confirmation has been received. Information about rates can be found in the Terms and Conditions.
3. Which container types are supported by Safmarine Spot?
Port-to-port dry-cargo for 20’GP, 40’GP, 40’ high-cube and 40’ non-operating reefer containers are supported by Safmarine Spot.
4. Where is Safmarine Spot available?
Safmarine Spot is now available on all trades, except in and out of US. All available origin destination offers can be found at the booking page.
5. What is the compensation fee process and what does a compensation fee cover?
If Safmarine is unable to ensure an equipment and loading guarantee as confirmed in the booking, the option to apply for a compensation fee is available.
Safmarine will conduct a review and if eligible, a compensation fee will be applied to the invoice.
6. What is the process of a penalty fee and what does a penalty fee cover?
A penalty fee is an amendment, cancellation or a no-show fee. An amendment is considered when there is a change to transport plan such as destination, vessel and voyage, after the booking confirmation has been received.
In the event of cancellation for part of or all the shipment and the cancellation request is submitted no less than seven (7) days before the scheduled estimated time of departure, you will be charged a cancellation fee. In the event of a late cancellation (less than 7 days), a no-show fee will be applied.
7. What is a free time and Demurrage and Detention (D&D) offer for Safmarine Spot?
With Safmarine Spot, we are moving to a standard free time offer, which is tailored to the requirements of different markets. Standard Safmarine Spot free time and per diem rates after the free time period will apply to all Safmarine Spot offers. All Demurrage and Detention offers are available online.
8 . How do I keep track of my Safmarine Spot bookings?
When you book Safmarine Spot you get an email booking confirmation. After this and during the transportation you can always track you bookings in the Shipment binder and when your cargo arrives, you will receive an email arrival notice. This way you have the full overview of your shipment from booking to arrival.
9. What is Rollable?
Rollable is an option to earn a good bargain for your non-time sensitive cargo. Mark you non-time sensitive cargo as Rollable to get compensation in case of rollovers. Cargo marked as Rollable may be rolled - but only once. Rollable is there to make sure we can always guarantee loading for your time sensitive cargo. See terms and conditions.
10. How can I book Safmarine Spot using EDI?
Go to Instant Price, insert your origin and destination as well as commodity, container type and preferred date. When you select a date and a rate you will see a Rate ID just below the rate. Copy this rate ID into your preferred booking system and now you can book Safmarine Spot. Please note that Safmarine Spot uses dynamic pricing and rates are subject to change.
Please refer to Rollable FAQ guide below.
1. Safmarine Spot has a loading guarantee, why would I select Rollable?
If your cargo is not time sensitive we provide an option to mark it as Rollable. Should we get to a situation where we need to roll cargo we will roll goods marked as Rollable first and pay you a compensation in exchange for that. Rollable will allow you to optimize your transportation cost for your non time sensitive cargo and enable us to always load your time sensitive cargo.
2. Does it mean that Safmarine Spot shipments which have not been marked as Rollable will not be rolled?
Yes, we aim to not roll any Safmarine Spot shipment unless Rollable has been selected.
3. You already promise compensation with Safmarine Spot if you roll my cargo. Why should I select Rollable to get the compensation?
You should only select Rollable for your non time sensitive cargo. In a situation where we need to roll cargo, we will roll goods marked as Rollable first and pay you a compensation in exchange for that. The general compensation in case of rolling for Safmarine Spot is applicable for the first load port whilst the compensation when selecting Rollable will apply throughout the transportation plan - e.g. you will also get the compensation in case your Rollable shipment will be rolled in any transshipment port. Please note that we aim to not roll any Safmarine Spot shipment unless Rollable has been selected.
4. How much is Safmarine going to compensate me in case of rolling a Rollable shipment?
The compensation amount is between 30 and 100 USD depending on the trade lane. The exact amount per trade lane is available here.
5. What is the process to compensate?
In case your Rollable cargo gets rolled a separate credit note payout will be issued to you automatically.
6. If I select Rollable how many times will my cargo get rolled?
When selecting Rollable your cargo may get rolled, but only once. In the unlikely event of a double rolling, the compensation will only be paid once.
7. How do I know if my Rollable shipment get rolled?
Our customer service agent will communicate to you directly in case of rolling with all details of rolling and changes on transportation plan.
8. Will I get a “rolling guarantee” with Rollable?
No, the rolling likelihood will depend on the utilization for the selected service.
9. If I select Rollable for my Safmarine Spot shipment, will I still get equipment priority?
Equipment prioritization is not linked to Rollable.
10. If I select Rollable for my shipment and later need to amend or cancel, will the amendment or cancellation fee apply?
In case of any amendment or cancellation the usual terms of Safmarine Spot will apply.